Thursday, October 2, 2014

Black Cats and Witch Hats

I don't mean to be a cliché, but October is finally here! I truly do love this month way more than any of the other months of the year - and not only because Halloween is near, but also because the world starts to creep into "cosy" mode for the impending cool months. The air is colder, blankets are warmer, the world gets wet and we struggle to keep dry. All the while, the veil between this world and the next thins... if you believe such things!

As a Wiccan, Samhain is obviously the most fun day of the year for me. There are few others around here whom I can celebrate the holiday with, but I'm happy to partake with the select few individuals I'm closest to on this planet. We recently celebrated Mabon together, a holiday I wrote about in Midnight Magick! And yes, our ritual really did go a lot like how I describe it in the book!

But anyway, I digress.

This year has been a turnaround year for me. I've finally cast aside the shackles of routine and taken a big risk by opening myself up to the world of writing, and while I mainly have myself to thank for that, I'm planning on spending this month using all the energy I have from last month's excitement and turning it outward toward the people I love. It's time to give back!

Anyway, I just thought I'd drop in since I haven't in a while. I promise I'll write more often. I'm working on two new titles at the moment:

Taken in Darkness' older sister, Penny Dreadfuls: we return to a more elegant time, to the Victorian Gothic, a time of corsets and top hats, where man's carnal urges were repressed behind the straight-jacket of politeness. To a place where monsters could walk among the herd, obscured by perpetual smog, free to indulge in the sins of the flesh.

Midnight Magick: a (still untitled) sequel and the second book in the series. The smoother, sharper successor to Midnight Magick where I take what I've learned and apply it in full force, pouring blood and sweat into the keys. I can't say much, but I can tell you some witches had better be mindful of their actions; you never know when your very life may depend on your ability to to retrace your steps.

I hope you enjoy them!

How are you all going to be celebrating Halloween? Feel free to drop a comment! I don't bite!

Kat
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment